nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada) wrote:
>  You propose the method not to take any arguments?
>  I had supposed that you'd wanted the keyward argument.

Since the discussion has moved towards defining two separate methods {#elapsed => (float)s and #elapsed_nanoseconds => (int)ns} I do prefer a keyword argument {in: :nanoseconds}.  Sorry for wavering back and forth on the issue so noisily.
Feature #8640: Add Time#elapsed to return nanoseconds since creation