Summary of the meeting:

== Documentation hosting on ruby-lang.org

We discussed whether RDoc documentation should be hosted on ruby-lang.org.
Overall response was positive, but some questions were raised about what
domain to use (docs|rdoc|ref).ruby-lang.org.

zzak will file a ticket where we can get feedback.

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/DevelopersMeeting20130712#Documentation-hosted-on-ruby-langorg-zzak

== Separating "documentation only" commits

Should documentation only commits be separated from regular commits?  If so,
how?  Several solutions were proposed, including a separate doc repo, tagging
commits, and a script to detect doc-only changes.  For now, doc commits will
be tagged in the commit message.

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/DevelopersMeeting20130712#Separating-documentation-only-commits

== I18n documentation

Support for internationalized documentation was requested.  RDoc needs a few
changes to support internationalized documentation, but there shouldn't be any
changes to Ruby itself required.  There was some discussion of where the
internationalized docs would be stored.

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/DevelopersMeeting20130712#Internationalized-Documentation

== Non-blocking IO methods without exceptions

This was a discussion about Feature #5138.  Discussion devolved to
bike-shedding over method names.  Key points were that matz didn't like try_*
for method names, or adding new state to IO objects (like IO#nonblock_raises
= false).  matz suggested adding an option keyword argument to indicate that
exceptions shouldn't be raised.

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/DevelopersMeeting20130712#Non-blocking-reads-without-exceptions-Feature-5138

== minitest and test/unit relationship

minitest5 has not been merged to trunk because it breaks test/unit.  The issue
raised was what to do about test/unit.  A proposal was made to change all of
ruby-core tests to use minitest.  matz said to submit a redmine ticket with a
diff to show what would change.

Other solutions raised were the possibility of re-bundling the test-unit gem
so it did not depend on minitest, vendoring minitest in to test/unit, or just
leaving minitest "as-is"

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/DevelopersMeeting20130712#minitest-and-testunit-relationship

== Official Ruby FAQ

Should we have one?  And should it be hosted on ruby-lang.org.

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/DevelopersMeeting20130712#Official-Ruby-FAQ

== Wrap up

I am getting tired of writing summaries.  I wonder if people are still reading
this.  There is a developer meeting on the 27th from 13:00 to 20:00 JST.  matz
will review slides for feature proposals to Ruby 2.1 at this meeting.

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/DevelopersMeeting20130712#Ruby-developer-meeting

The end.

<3<3

--