Issue #8483 has been updated by nagachika (Tomoyuki Chikanaga).

Do you use any gem packages contains extension libraries?
Can you run a process in terminal and get backtrace etc..
Bug #8483: SEGV under high concurrency

Author: diego.plentz (Diego Plentz)
Assignee:
Category: core
Target version:
ruby -v: ruby 2.0.0p195 (2013-05-14 revision 40734) [x86_64-linux]

Follow a few segfaults from /var/log/messages https://gist.github.com/plentz/5701752

I'm using sidekiq at my production servers and the ruby process dies with a segfault constantly(it's dying constantly since the last 2 weeks). I'm using concurrency of 50 with sidekiq, which causes a lot of threads to run.

I'm using ruby-2.0.0p195, but the problem happens with ruby-1.9.3-p392, ruby-1.9.3-p429 and ruby-2.0.0p0 as well. I already rollbacked all our gems, which probably means that the problem is really something with our ruby code causing the problem and not some gem that we use.

Here's what I managed to get using gdb

https://gist.github.com/plentz/5630854
https://gist.github.com/plentz/5632256

I can't find which line of the code is triggering the problem, since right after the segfault, I can't call (gdb) call rb_backtrace() to find the ruby stacktrace(or just don't know how).

If someone give me some directions, I can get more info, since the problem happens very often in our environment.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/