On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 3:56 AM, Tanaka Akira <akr / fsij.org> wrote:
> 2013/6/24 headius (Charles Nutter) <headius / headius.com>:
>>
>> Objection: why would an "info" object be able to create a socket?
>
> I think it is natural because object oriented.

If the object's type were "Address" I might agree. But it's
"AddrInfo"...information about an address. I don't see the OOness of
an informational object being able to do this sort of thing.

I'm bikeshedding of course, but passing address info to a Socket
constructor seems *far* more OO to me than an address info creating a
socket on its own. Socket should be responsible for creating Socket
instances.

- Charlie