Bug #8508: Invalid byte sequence in UTF-8 (ArgumentError) in win32/registry.rb

Author: thasmo (Thomas Deinhamer)
Assignee: cruby-windows
Category: M17N
Target version:
ruby -v: 1.9.3

Hi guys!

I'm using Vagrant and the VMware workstation plugin to provision a VMware workstation VM
but in the end this doesn't work because I get an error in win32/registry.rb:

"C:/HashiCorp/Vagrant/embedded/lib/ruby/1.9.1/win32/registry.rb:173:in `tr': invalid byte sequence in UTF-8 (ArgumentError)"

The Vagrant debug log which includes the error trace can be found here:
https://gist.github.com/thasmo/12f88c7b1025aa5f2c32

The related Vagrant bug ticket can be found here:
https://github.com/mitchellh/vagrant/issues/1757#issuecomment-19175619

Please let me know if you need any further information on this!

Thanks a lot!

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/