Feature #8490: Bring ActiveSupport Enumerable#index_by to core

Author: rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: core
Target version:

It seems to be a common sense to have the useful implementation of Enumerable#index_by as in ActiveSupport.

index_by acts like group_by but only maps a single record, instead of an array, keeping the last match only. It's usually used in places where you shouldn't have more than a single match for each key.

Would you consider its inclusion to core Enumerable module?

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/