--20cf307c9f4094cc3504de53df46
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Can you reproduce without rails and ruby 2.0.0-p195

On Tuesday, June 4, 2013, manudwarf (Emmanuel Bourgerie) wrote:

>
> Issue #8486 has been updated by manudwarf (Emmanuel Bourgerie).
>
>
> I forgot to mention : I tried with ruby 2.0.0 and updated bundle, changed
> nothing...
> ----------------------------------------
> Bug #8486: Random segmentation fault
> https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/8486#change-39689
>
> Author: manudwarf (Emmanuel Bourgerie)
> Status: Open
> Priority: Normal
> Assignee:
> Category:
> Target version:
> ruby -v: ruby 1.9.3p429 (2013-05-15 revision 40747) [x86_64-darwin11.4.2]
> Backport: 1.9.3: UNKNOWN, 2.0.0: UNKNOWN
>
>
> Hello,
>
> Before starting, this is my first bug report here, feel free to tell me if
> I need to add/modify anything.
>
> I came across a weird segmentation fault, and I apologies for not being
> able to be more precise about what is happening.
> Although I have a how-to-reproduce, the error happens at random points in
> either rails or gems.
> I have several RoR applications, and this one is the only having this
> problem.
>
> Environment : MacOS, see ruby -v, rvm (stable) and I attached my
> Gemfile.lock and CrashReporter.
>
> How to reproduce :
> 1. rails s
> 2. Open localhost:3000 in browser (is OK)
> 3. Reload
>
> You get the segmentation fault. Always the same : first loading is
> correct, then the second fails (even if I restart rails in between).
>
> It is not on one component, nonetheless I have the same filenames if I try
> again (line of code between parenthesis) :
> * gems/dalli-2.3.0/lib/dalli/socket.rb:31 (value << kgio_read!(count -
> value.bytesize))
> * gems/activesupport-3.2.13/lib/active_support/core_ext/hash/except.rb:15
> (dup.except!(*keys))
> * gems/actionpack-3.2.13/lib/action_view/renderer/renderer.rb:51
> (@_partial_renderer || artialRenderer.new(@lookup_context))
> *
> gems/activesupport-3.2.13/lib/active_support/core_ext/module/remove_method.rb:4
> (remove_method(method))
> * code/local/app/helpers/cms_helper.rb:152 (prev_char_ind > paragraph[0..prev_char_ind].rindex(" ") - 1)
> * gems/haml-3.1.4/lib/haml/filters.rb:214 (#{text.rstrip.gsub("\n", "\n
>  ")})
> *
> gems/rack-mini-profiler-0.1.23/Ruby/lib/mini_profiler/sql_timer_struct.rb:15
> (Kernel.caller.each do |ln|)
>
> As you can see, I can't isolate some sort of "pattern".
>
>
> --
> http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/
>
>

--20cf307c9f4094cc3504de53df46
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Can you reproduce without rails and ruby 2.0.0-p195<span></span><br><br>On Tuesday, June 4, 2013, manudwarf (Emmanuel Bourgerie)  wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
<br>
Issue #8486 has been updated by manudwarf (Emmanuel Bourgerie).<br>
<br>
<br>
I forgot to mention : I tried with ruby 2.0.0 and updated bundle, changed nothing...<br>
----------------------------------------<br>
Bug #8486: Random segmentation fault<br>
<a href="https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/8486#change-39689" target="_blank">https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/8486#change-39689</a><br>
<br>
Author: manudwarf (Emmanuel Bourgerie)<br>
Status: Open<br>
Priority: Normal<br>
Assignee:<br>
Category:<br>
Target version:<br>
ruby -v: ruby 1.9.3p429 (2013-05-15 revision 40747) [x86_64-darwin11.4.2]<br>
Backport: 1.9.3: UNKNOWN, 2.0.0: UNKNOWN<br>
<br>
<br>
Hello,<br>
<br>
Before starting, this is my first bug report here, feel free to tell me if I need to add/modify anything.<br>
<br>
I came across a weird segmentation fault, and I apologies for not being able to be more precise about what is happening.<br>
Although I have a how-to-reproduce, the error happens at random points in either rails or gems.<br>
I have several RoR applications, and this one is the only having this problem.<br>
<br>
Environment : MacOS, see ruby -v, rvm (stable) and I attached my Gemfile.lock and CrashReporter.<br>
<br>
How to reproduce :<br>
1. rails s<br>
2. Open localhost:3000 in browser (is OK)<br>
3. Reload<br>
<br>
You get the segmentation fault. Always the same : first loading is correct,hen the second fails (even if I restart rails in between).<br>
<br>
It is not on one component, nonetheless I have the same filenames if I try again (line of code between parenthesis) :<br>
* gems/dalli-2.3.0/lib/dalli/socket.rb:31 (value &lt;&lt; kgio_read!(count - value.bytesize))<br>
* gems/activesupport-3.2.13/lib/active_support/core_ext/hash/except.rb:15 (dup.except!(*keys))<br>
* gems/actionpack-3.2.13/lib/action_view/renderer/renderer.rb:51 (@_partial_renderer ||= PartialRenderer.new(@lookup_context))<br>
* gems/activesupport-3.2.13/lib/active_support/core_ext/module/remove_method.rb:4 (remove_method(method))<br>
* code/local/app/helpers/cms_helper.rb:152 (prev_char_ind = paragraph[0..prev_char_ind].rindex(&quot; &quot;) - 1)<br>
* gems/haml-3.1.4/lib/haml/filters.rb:214 (#{text.rstrip.gsub(&quot;\n&quot;, &quot;\n quot;)})<br>
* gems/rack-mini-profiler-0.1.23/Ruby/lib/mini_profiler/sql_timer_struct.rb:15 (Kernel.caller.each do |ln|)<br>
<br>
As you can see, I can&#39;t isolate some sort of &quot;pattern&quot;.<br>
<br>
<br>
--<br>
<a href="http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/" target="_blank">http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote>

--20cf307c9f4094cc3504de53df46--