Feature #8430: Rational number literal

Author: mrkn (Kenta Murata)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: core
Target version: current: 2.1.0

I would like to propose a new literal syntax for rational numbers.
The implementation is available in my github repository:
https://github.com/mrkn/ruby/commit/8ca0c9a53593e55d67f509fc403df616e2276e3a

This patch implements a notation that consists of an integer, "//", and another integer, in a row.
The first integer is the numerator, and the second is the denominator.
Whitespaces are permitted between them.

For example:
    1 // 2 == Rational(1, 2)
    1 // 1 == Rational(1, 1)
    0 // 1 == Rational(0, 1)

"0 // 0" occurs syntax error.

I think this new syntax isn't conflict with an empty regexp
because this implementation doesn't treat // as a binary operator.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/