Issue #8270 has been updated by eike.rb (Eike Dierks).

Thanks to everyone who responded.
Porting to Minix is only a minor target.

I suggested to the minix people that they should implement threads to get that resolved.

But obviously there's a lot of work to do
to really get ruby in the multithreaded world.
Sounds like a task for ruby3.

I already learned that it's quite hard
to get rid of the global lock
for dynamic languages.

Feature #8270: Ruby should build without thread support (aka minix)