Feature #8421: add Enumerable#find_map and Enumerable#find_all_map

Author: Hanmac (Hans Mackowiak)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:

currently if you have an Enumerable and you want to return the return value of #find you need eigther:
  (o = enum.find(block) && block.call(o)) || nil
or
  enum.inject(nil) {|ret,el| ret || block.call(el)}

neigher of them may be better than an directly maked method

same for #find_all_map
  enum.lazy.map(&:block).find_all{|el| el}

it may work but it is not so good

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/