Issue #8406 has been updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans).

This appears to be fixed by r40754.
Backport #8406: Bad backport of r39578 in r40098 breaks build on OpenBSD

Author: jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans)
Assignee: usa (Usaku NAKAMURA)
Category:
Target version:

=begin
SVN r39578 reorders compiler arguments in Makefile.in.  However, when it was backported to 1.9.3 as r40098, it added an additional line that breaks the build on OpenBSD.  The line added is "$(Q) $(POSTLINK)", but POSTLINK doesn't appear to exist in 1.9.3.

 r39578: http://svn.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/Makefile.in?r1=39578&r2=39577&pathrev=39578
 r40098: http://svn.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/branches/ruby_1_9_3/Makefile.in?r1=40098&r2=40097&pathrev=40098

I'm not sure why this breaks on OpenBSD, but my guess is differences between BSD make and GNU make.  In any case, the "$(Q) $(POSTLINK)" line should be removed in 1.9.3.

I know you are not supposed to open new issues in the Backport93 project, but considering this is due to a bad backport, I think an exception is warranted.
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/