Description updated

Bug #8372: Segmentation fault with Factory Girl when using :class, typo on related factory

Author: jshirley (Jay Shirley)
Assignee:
Category: core
Target version:
ruby -v: ruby 2.0.0p0 (2013-02-24 revision 39474) [x86_64-darwin12.3.0]

=begin
This bug is partially the result of a typo, partially learning and switching things around in FactoryGirl, and resulting in a seg fault

I have a nested ActiveRecord model (Person::Identity), when I define a FactoryGirl factory for testing (under rspec) I created a segmentation fault.

The factory is pretty simple, albeit incorrect:

  FactoryGirl.define do
    factory :person_identity, :class => Person::Identity do
       sequence(:email) { |i| "user-#{i}@example.com" }

       person
    end
    factory :person do
      sequence(:email) { |i| "user-#{i}@example.com" }
      name 'Bob Hope'
      after_create do |person|
        FactoryGirl.create(:person_identity, :persond => person) # <-- typo here, should be "person", not sure where the "d" came from.
With this in place, ruby 2.0.0-p0 repeatedly segfaulting.

Attached is the error log and OS X Diagnostic log.

I'm very new into the Ruby world, please accept my apologies if this bug report is incomplete or missing crucial information (and the Code Formatting doesn't seem to Preview correctly)

Thanks!

=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/