Issue #8372 has been reported by jshirley (Jay Shirley).

Bug #8372: Segmentation fault with Factory Girl when using :class, typo on related factory
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/8372

Author: jshirley (Jay Shirley)
Assignee:
Category: core
Target version:
ruby -v: ruby 2.0.0p0 (2013-02-24 revision 39474) [x86_64-darwin12.3.0]

This bug is partially the result of a typo, partially learning and switching things around in FactoryGirl, and resulting in a seg fault

I have a nested ActiveRecord model (Person::Identity), when I define a FactoryGirl factory for testing (under rspec) I created a segmentation fault.

The factory is pretty simple, albeit incorrect:

(({
FactoryGirl.define do
  factory :person_identity, :class => Person::Identity do
     sequence(:email) { |i| "user-#{i}@example.com" }

     person
  end
  factory :person do
    sequence(:email) { |i| "user-#{i}@example.com" }
    name 'Bob Hope'
    after_create do |person|
      FactoryGirl.create(:person_identity, :persond => person) # <-- typo here, should be "person", not sure where the "d" came from.
}))
With this in place, ruby 2.0.0-p0 repeatedly segfaulting.

Attached is the error log and OS X Diagnostic log.

I'm very new into the Ruby world, please accept my apologies if this bug report is incomplete or missing crucial information (and the Code Formatting doesn't seem to Preview correctly)

Thanks!

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/