Status changed from Rejected to Open
Assignee deleted (naruse (Yui NARUSE))

naruse (Yui NARUSE) wrote:
> Did you read [ruby-core:19379]?

I did.

Out of respect, I will assume that you read [ruby-core:53374] which explains nicely that [ruby-core:19379] has absolutely nothing to do with what constitutes a space and how `strip` should behave.

It would have been appreciated if instead of repeating your reference (which some of us believe not to be relevant) you would explain why you still feel it is of any relevance. This would be the helpful and polite thing to do.

I would also appreciate if you answered my questions too. For your convenience:

> Yui: could you explain why strip wouldn't remove leading and trailing /\p{space}/ ? I can only see upside to this, but maybe you can point out downside?

Finally, could you please tell me why you rejected again this issue? Maybe if some people disagree with you, including a fellow committer, maybe the right thing to do is to explain yourself and ask Matz for his decision instead, would you not agree?
Bug #7845: Strip doesn't handle unicode space characters in ruby 1.9.2 & 1.9.3 (does in 1.9.1)