Issue #8371 has been reported by prijutme4ty (Ilya Vorontsov).

Feature #8371: Make some enumerators mimic arrays
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/8371

Author: prijutme4ty (Ilya Vorontsov)
Assignee:
Category: core
Target version:

Some enumerators yields data by one element so that in some way such enumerators can be treated as arrays in some ways. But they are still enumerators, so they doesn't respond to methods each array responds. As an example, there is code I write from time to time:
'Hello world'.each_char.join("\t") and it fails just because I didn't use #to_a.
I propose that enumerators have subclasses (I guess simple extending of enumerator with module can impact perfomance) such as ArrayEnumerator so that String#each_char and #each_line and so on returned not simple Enumerator but ArrayEnumerator which will respond #join and #uniq method.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/