Hi!

Why isn’t setlocale called with LC_ALL instead of LC_CTYPE in main.c?

I have a faint recollection that I’ve discussed this earlier, but I
couldn’t find it in the archives.  I did find the following bug
report, though:

> Issue #1528 has been updated by Shyouhei Urabe.

> Without any setlocale call programs should explicitly behave as in "C" locale.  No matter of luck are involved in it.

> Historically Ruby has suffered bugs and pitfalls around locales.  I do not want them to raise from the dead, and sticking onto "C" locale is a secure way to prevent that.

I hope that this, four years later, isn’t true anymore and that you’ll
change LC_CTYPE to LC_ALL.

If motivation really is necessary, then, for example, strcoll won’t
produce results in the user’s chosen locale if the call to setlocale
doesn’t include LC_COLLATE.