On 7/15/05, OpenMacNews <OpenMacNews / speakeasy.net> wrote:
> hi ben,
>
> thanks for the reply =)

No problem.

> this is a new one on me!
>
> thoughts (while i'm off to google ...)?

New one on me, too. I'm afraid I may have reached the extent of my
usefulness here. Have you tried this script?
  http://tech.rufy.com/entry/46

Just FYI -- The way I got around the lack of readline on OS X Tiger
was to symlink /usr/lib/libedit.dylib to /usr/lib/libreadline.dylib
and then I downloaded ruby 1.8.2 and just compiled and installed
ext/readline.

Everything works great. I'm basically using a stock installation, but
using the license friendly and compatible libedit instead of
libreadline. Maybe in future versions of ruby the autoconf scripts
could be altered to use with libreadline or libedit. Just a thought...

Cheers,

bs.