Bug #8344: Status of Psych and Syck

Author: Eregon (Benoit Daloze)
Assignee: zzak (Zachary Scott)
Category: lib
Target version: current: 2.1.0
ruby -v: ruby 2.1.0dev (2013-04-28 trunk 40513) [x86_64-darwin10.8.0]
Backport: 1.9.3: UNKNOWN, 2.0.0: REQUIRED

Hello,

The current state of YAML being Psych is still a bit unclear (see lib/yaml.rb).

I propose to document YAML as always being (=) Psych,
and give a tip about the syck gem which might be used with the Syck constant (but the YAML constant is always Psych).

Do we need to keep Psych::EngineManager? I guess for compatibility it is safer?
May I document it as deprecated so it might removed in a future version?

Related to #6163.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/