(2013/04/28 21:40), Magnus Holm wrote:
> Are instances of user-level Ruby classes (`class MyClass; end`) marked
> as sunny by default as well? If not, would it be difficult?

Not difficult (I think). I'll try ASAP.

> Also, I notice that generation/wb are stored as flags on the object.
> Wouldn't this undo the work of the new bitmap mark flag improvements in 2.0?

Good question. I believe it is only a small affection (w/ some
modification, I considered about that).

> Another thing: What about passing the old value to OBJ_WB too? OBJ_WB(from, to, old)? In this implementation it would just be a no-op. There are some nice garbage collectors that you can implement if your write-barriers have old values too (e.g "An On-the-Fly Mark and Sweep Garbage Collector Based on Sliding Views").

Interesting. But I doubt that we can implement them (w/o incomplete
WBs). Anyway, I need to read a paper. If there are good resources (slide
pdf, etc) to know them, please tell them.

--
// SASADA Koichi at atdot dot net