--089e011837d4f2b78904db6b9f05

On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM, ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
<redmine / ruby-lang.org>wrote:

> We Heroku Matz team developed a new generational mark&sweep garbage
> collection algorithm RGenGC for CRuby/MRI.
> (correctly speaking, it is generational marking algorithm)
>
> What goods are:
>
>   * Reduce marking time (yay!)
>   * My algorithm doesn't introduce any incompatibility into normal C-exts.
>   * Easy to development
>
> Please read more details in attached PDF file.
> Code is: https://github.com/ko1/ruby/tree/rgengc
>
> How about to introduce this new GC algorithm/implementation into Ruby
> 2.1.0?
>
> Thanks,
> Koichi

Another thing: What about passing the old value to OBJ_WB too? OBJ_WB(from,
to, old)? In this implementation it would just be a no-op. There are some
nice garbage collectors that you can implement if your write-barriers have
old values too (e.g "An On-the-Fly Mark and Sweep Garbage Collector Based
on Sliding Views").

--089e011837d4f2b78904db6b9f05

We Heroku Matz team developed a new generational mark&amp;sweep garbage<br>
collection algorithm RGenGC for CRuby/MRI.<br>
(correctly speaking, it is generational marking algorithm)<br>
What goods are:<br>
 * Reduce marking time (yay!)<br>
 * My algorithm doesn&#39;t introduce any incompatibility into normal-exts.<br>
 * Easy to development<br>
Please read more details in attached PDF file.<br>
Code is: <a href="https://github.com/ko1/ruby/tree/rgengc" target="_blank">https://github.com/ko1/ruby/tree/rgengc</a><br>
How about to introduce this new GC algorithm/implementation into Ruby 2.1.0?<br>
Thanks,<br>

--089e011837d4f2b78904db6b9f05--