On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 8:19 PM, ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
<redmine / ruby-lang.org>wrote:

> We Heroku Matz team developed a new generational mark&sweep garbage
> collection algorithm RGenGC for CRuby/MRI.
> (correctly speaking, it is generational marking algorithm)
>
> What goods are:
>
>   * Reduce marking time (yay!)
>   * My algorithm doesn't introduce any incompatibility into normal C-exts.
>   * Easy to development
>
> Please read more details in attached PDF file.
> Code is: https://github.com/ko1/ruby/tree/rgengc

 Great work!

Are instances of user-level Ruby classes (`class MyClass; end`) marked as
sunny by default as well? If not, would it be difficult?

Also, I notice that generation/wb are stored as flags on the object.
Wouldn't this undo the work of the new bitmap mark flag improvements in 2.0?