Bug #8268: ruby 2.0.0 incorrectly detects debugflags on SmartOS / gcc 4.7

Author: mattconnolly (Matt Connolly)
Assignee: nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada)
Category: build
Target version:
ruby -v: 2.0.0-p0
Backport:

When compiling ruby from source on Smart OS, which uses gcc-4.7, the configure script fails to correctly detect a compatible debug flag. It chooses "-ggdb3" which doesn't work, and this causes all of the conftest.c compilations to fail at build without executing.

Running configure like "./configure ac_cv_func_dl_iterate_phdr=no" fails to complete the configure script.

Running configure like this: `./configure ac_cv_func_dl_iterate_phdr=no debugflags="-ggdb"` works. Configure completes and ruby compiles and runs fine.

I'm not sure if this is a SmartOS specific problem, or gcc 4.7, so I'm writing it here to see if others have seen the same thing.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/