Hello ruby-core,

I would like to become a committer to Ruby. I plan to work on
improving Ruby's performance.

With the help of @_ko1, @nari3 and @nobu, I have landed several
patches in this area recently:

  r39875: reduce allocations in forwardable.rb
  r39874: reduce long-lived ruby strings in loaded_features_index
  r39812: improve accuracy of GC accounting stats
  r39811: reduce memory usage of VM
  r39810: fix heap growth when RUBY_FREE_MIN is set
  r39746: add RUBY_HEAP_SLOTS_GROWTH_FACTOR tuning
  r39644: reduce long-lived arrays in loaded_features_index

Although my contributions to ruby-core have only started recently, I
am a long-time rubyist and have written many cruby debugging and
profiling tools over the years:

  https://github.com/tmm1/rblineprof
  https://github.com/tmm1/rbtrace
  https://github.com/tmm1/perftools.rb
  https://github.com/ice799/memprof

I also plan on adding more of these types of features to MRI. For
example, an api for object allocation debugging in [ruby-core:53478].

Going forward, I'd love the commit bit so I can land simple changes to
trunk directly (after review, ofcourse). For example, I would like to
be able to commit [ruby-core:53639] and [ruby-core:53619] myself so as
not to waste ko1-san's time.

Thank you for your consideration,
  Aman