Issue #8253 has been updated by hammady (Hossam Hammady).

I confirm that it is fixed in ruby2, just tried it. Thank you guys.
Backport #8253: Can't eval very long strings (SystemStackError)

Author: hammady (Hossam Hammady)
Assignee: usa (Usaku NAKAMURA)
Category:
Target version:

I have a very long string which is the output from a Solr server, RSolr gem fails to eval the response as a Ruby object because it is too long (> 640K). I have filed a detailed bug description here:
https://github.com/mwmitchell/rsolr/issues/61
The problematic response can be found here:
http://da.qcri.org/solr-response-46-70000.txt
It boiled down that Kernel.eval fails because the string is too long for the allocated stack.
File: vm.c
Function: vm_set_eval_stack
MACRO: CHECK_STACK_OVERFLOW

Is it just a limitation in the VM or the stack can have a dynamically larger size?

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/