Issue #8181 has been updated by tkellen (Tyler Kellen).

zzak (Zachary Scott) wrote:
> ActiveSupport has ordinalize, maybe you want to use that instead.

-??? for ActiveSupport.

I don't need or want to require that giant for this simple feature.  I can (and have) written a simple ordinalize method which I am currently using.

That said, I think that this:
Time.new.strftime("%a %b %@d")

...is pretty unambigously better than:
require 'activesupport'
time = Time.new
time.strftime("%a %b #{time.day.ordinalize}")

strftime currently supports several flags for formatting the time output, why not this one?

Feature #8181: New flag for strftime that supports adding ordinal suffixes to numbers