Issue #8168 has been updated by garysweaver (Gary Weaver).

Thinking about it a bit more, I guess it would have to be context sensitive. Just some character that is parsed when the block is being parsed that indicates that the following statement is a block. So maybe the best that could be done without a lot of overhead is whitespace between it, the method, and the block.

Then you just need to pick a good operator. I don't like the smiley here, but the world needs more smiles, so here it is for an example:

some_method :some, :args, :here, -> :) expression

Then you could also do:

def hello :) puts "hello world"

A single character that doesn't have many pixels like a colon would be best/most readable:

def hello : puts "hello world"

but colon is used by itself already in the ternary/conditional operator ?: (i.e., a ? b : c) so that might be confusing. Equals might look too much like an assignment:

def hello = puts "hello world"

I wish colon would work, because it would be a lot nicer-looking.

def a: b; def b: c; def c: d;

That just looks nice! :)
Feature #8168: Feature request: support for (single) statement lambda syntax/definition