2013/4/6 Aaron Patterson <tenderlove / ruby-lang.org>:
> Can you give me a specific example of how you're running the tests?  It
> seems we should make sure the load path is always correct rather than
> couple the source file to it's location in the file system.

In general, require_relative is a good tool to require a utility
library for a test.

For example, test/objspace/test_objspace.rb uses test/ruby/envutil.rb.
But I want to invoke the test as follows.

% ./ruby test/objspace/test_objspace.rb

Since test/ruby/ is not a standard library location,
the load path doesn't contain it.

So, if "require" is used instead of "require_relative",
I need to invoke ruby with -Itest/ruby or test_objspace.rb needs to
tweak the load path which is irritative.
--
Tanaka Akira