On Wed, 03 Apr 2013 10:29:23 +0900
"Martin J. Drst" <duerst / it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:

> On 2013/04/03 2:10, Jon wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > ... one could could slurp the project history into R or python/pandas/matplotlib to create basic stats (mean, sd, histogram, boxplot) on issue metrics via
>
> No way to do that in Ruby?    Regards,   Martin.

Yes, ruby networking and the fantastic multi-platform narray gem will take you far

  C:\>ripl -rnarray
  DL is deprecated, please use Fiddle
  >> RUBY_DESCRIPTION
  => "ruby 2.0.0p102 (2013-04-03 revision 40075) [i386-mingw32]"
  >> a = NArray[3,4,20.0]
  => NArray.float(3):
  [ 3.0, 4.0, 20.0 ]
  >> a.mean
  => 9.0
  >> a.stddev
  => 9.539392014169456

but I'm not familar with data vis for ruby that also works on windows. I primarily use windows and arch and it's hard to beat R and python/pandas/numpy/scipy/matplotlib/ipython for stats and data analysis. I've not looked at sciruby in awhile, but I suspect windows support is not a priority.

Jon