2013/3/26 drbrain (Eric Hodel) <drbrain / segment7.net>:

> Issue #8159 has been updated by drbrain (Eric Hodel).
>

> I want to update #8075 to use getifaddrs so it will contain at least the =
interface name, IP address and netmask for the interface. With this informa=
tion we can fix this bug and have RFC-compliant one-shot mDNS support in Re=
solv (as you only want to accept packets from the local network, see #8089)=
.

> I propose the class Socket::Interface for this data along with Socket.int=
erface_list.

I'm not sure it is good idea.

The result of getifaddrs() has no one-to-one mapping to the result of
if_nameindex().

Also, if_nameindex() is standardized by POSIX (and RFC 3493) but getifaddrs=
()
is not standardized.
So it is good to separate the features to be if_nameindex() is usable even =
on
a platform which doesn't support getifaddrs().
--=20
Tanaka Akira