Issue #8080 has been updated by nagachika (Tomoyuki Chikanaga).

r39772-r39775, r39777, r39779, r39781 and r39783 are backported.
I also merged r39160, r39162, r39174, r39198 and r39200 for clean merge of configure.in.
Backport #8080: Segfault in rb_fd_set

Author: jonleighton (Jon Leighton)
Assignee: nagachika (Tomoyuki Chikanaga)
Category:
Target version:

I have experienced a segfault with Ruby 2 during an IO.select call:

See https://travis-ci.org/jonleighton/spring/jobs/5393025 or https://gist.github.com/jonleighton/5147785 to see the crash output.

I cannot reproduce on a different version of Linux (Fedora). However I was able to reproduce by downloading a VM image of the Travis CI environment and running the code on there (see http://pivotallabs.com/debugging-travis-builds/ for how to do that).

I tried to produce a simple script to reproduce, but without success. I also tried to build Ruby 2 with debugging symbols, but this did not produce the crash. I'm not sure why - perhaps related to compiler optimisations.

I found a workaround for the crash with https://github.com/jonleighton/spring/commit/c8a7afdd3238ef88bffc2c8f56baa21042400e15.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/