headius (Charles Nutter) wrote:
> A few more thoughts to keep this alive...
>
> Implementation in JRuby:
>
> def Time.timestamp
>   java.lang.System.nano_time / 1000
> end
>
> There's also currentTimeMillis, but I think providing sub-ms precision is a good idea. 袖s seems sufficient to me.
>
> Definitely would like to see this get into 2.1.

What class is it?
If Float, it introduces extra error.
If Rational, I feel Time is better.
Feature #8096: introduce Time.current_timestamp

Author: vipulnsward (Vipul Amler)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:

=begin
A lot of scenarios and applications require the use of (({Time.now.to_i})) which is used as current_timestamp in systems.

The introduction of (({Time.current_timestamp})) {or something with similar with different name} would provide implicit integer timestamp instead of going from
(({Time.now})) -> time_object -> to_i -> integer timestamp value

So instead of

 Time.now.to_i # Outputs => 1363274618

one could use

 Time.current_timestamp # Outputs => 1363274618

=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/