Feature #8096: introduce Time.current_timestamp

Author: vipulnsward (Vipul Amler)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:

=begin
A lot of scenarios and applications require the use of (({Time.now.to_i})) which is used as current_timestamp in systems.

The introduction of (({Time.current_timestamp})) {or something with similar with different name} would provide implicit integer timestamp instead of going from
(({Time.now})) -> time_object -> to_i -> integer timestamp value

So instead of

 Time.now.to_i # Outputs => 1363274618

one could use

 Time.current_timestamp # Outputs => 1363274618

=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/