(2013/03/19 19:26), tmm1 (Aman Gupta) wrote:
>> >  Ah, it is my mistake. I want to say *newobj hook*, instead of Mark hook.
> Oh, OK. This makes much more sense now. I implemented these basic GC hooks in c-only tracepoint API.
>
> Is this what you have in mind? https://github.com/tmm1/ruby/commit/bffaecd560e83d4818130fa162b86dca6155f93b

Great!!

Another consideration is lack of EVENTs bit. It is restricted to 32bit.
GC related events are special. So I was thinking to separate ordinal
bits and GC's bits.

> It is useful already without new finalization task api. Would you be willing to merge something like this?
>
> For task api, do you have method name/signature suggestion? I will try to implement that next.

No idea.

My plan was:
Rename FINALIZER_INTERRUPT_MASK to DELAYED_TASK_INTERRUPT_MASK.
Move finalizers to one task of delayed task.

--
// SASADA Koichi at atdot dot net