(2013/03/19 13:39), tmm1 (Aman Gupta) wrote:
> Maybe instead of file/line, this should be rb_iseq_t *iseq?

C methods doesn't have an iseq.

> ko1-san, do you have any opinion on this patch?

I'm considering another apprach to add such information. But I can't
guarantee when I introduce this patch :(

The approach is adding special trace (call C function, not a ruby's
method) function for each object allocation and free (and end of
marking). I believe this approach allows flexible statistics. But we
need to be more careful to add such a API.

Using this APIs, users can add your own statistics libraries.

*Just yesterday*, I was thinking about this new APIs.
Because I want to generate the following movie easily.
http://www.atdot.net/~ko1/diary/resource/20130318/test-all-coloful.mp4
This movie shows the status of heaps. black pixel is free object. red
pixel is string object, and so on.

(Now, I modify gc.c directly:
http://www.atdot.net/~ko1/diary/resource/20130318/gc.bitmap_output.patch )

And I'm considering that I want to make proposal with a patch.
@tmm1, can you wait for my proposal with a patch?
or should I propose only an idea?

--
// SASADA Koichi at atdot dot net