Issue #8091 has been updated by anuraguniyal (anurag uniyal).

alexeymuranov (Alexey Muranov) wrote:
> I think partial overloading can be done by defining the `initialize` private method.
no initilize is called on `class X` that is why it is a bug

Bug #8091: Class.new is not called when class is created using class keyword

Author: anuraguniyal (anurag uniyal)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: 2.0.0p0

=begin
When a class is created using ((|class|)) keyword, Class.new is not called but if class is created using ((|Class.new|)) it is obviously called, there seems to be a dyssymmetry between ((|class X|)) and ((|Class.new|)) e.g.

    class Class
      class << self
      alias new_orig new
      def new(*args)
        obj = new_orig *args
        print "created",obj,"\n"
        obj

    class X
    end

It doesn't print anything, but Class.new does

=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/