I've had a number of bugs outstanding for years that I want to get
eyes on. Many of these will just get closed right away. I do not have
privileges to close bugs, apparently.

Bugs that can probably be closed (1.8, already conceded, already fixed):

6030: Thread-local "leak" in rb_exec_recursive
  * https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/6030
  * There was some discussion, but it appears MRI does not need this fixed.

1151: Aliased methods change super logic when retrieved with Object#method
  * https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/1151
  * This was already fixed by marcandre for a 1.9 release (I believe)
so if 1.8 is dead this can be closed.

7037: float formatting inconsistently rounds half to even
  * https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/7037
  * I believe we agree that float half-rounding behavior is
impl-specific, so this could be closed.

4181: Backport Ruby 1.9 singleton.rb, since 1.8's is not thread-safe
  * https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/4181
  * Not a bug in 1.9+, so this can be closed if 1.8 is dead.

5926: Procs created by Method#to_proc do not pass block through.
  * https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5926
  * Not a bug in 1.9+, so this can be closed if 1.8 is dead.

5071: Inconsistent non-local return behavior inside a lambda
  * https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5071
  * Not a bug in 1.9+, so this can be closed if 1.8 is dead.

1034: Ruby 1.8 evaluates block argument out of order from other
arguments and receiver
  * https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/1034
  * Not a bug in 1.9+, so this can be closed if 1.8 is dead.

4264: General type coercion protocol for Ruby
  * https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/4264
  * This is not really going anywhere, and I don't have any desire to
continue proposing it.

Bugs that are features or feature changes waiting on approval. These
should probably move to CommonRuby, but I would like them to move
forward as well.

905: Add String.new(fixnum) to preallocate large buffer
  * https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/905
  * I still think this would be a good idea, and matz did too, but
this one has stopped moving forward. I can probably implement if
approved.

4288: Allow invoking arbitrary method names with foo."something" syntax
  * https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/4288
  * Mixed reactions to this one. I'd like to know whether it should go
forward or whether it's dead...probably need a matz ruling.

2121: mathn/rational destroys Fixnum#/, Fixnum#quo and Bignum#/, Bignum#quo
  * https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/2121
  * This is a long outstanding bug. Requiring a library should not
cause the result of standard numeric operators to change.

6648: Provide a standard API for retrieving all command-line flags
passed to Ruby
  * https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/6648
  * Last word was "sorry matz didn't see this." This would still be a
good feature, I think most folks would agree.

6308: Eliminate delegation from WeakRef
  * https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/6308
  * Delegating through Weakref to the target object is terribly
error-prone and should be disabled (or at least warn users).

6309: Add a reference queue for weak references
  * https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/6309
  * Ruby 2.0 actually added an internal/secret reference queue to use
for a better Weakref impl. A reference queue would still be useful,
and I'd like to move this feature forward.

6647: Exceptions raised in threads should be logged
  * https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/6647
  * We deal with confused users every day wondering where their worker
threads disappeared to. They never see the threads die because Ruby's
default behavior is for threads to silently swallow errors. They
should *at least* report that the Thread died an exceptional death.

6154: Eliminate extending WaitReadable/Writable at runtime
  * https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/6154
  * We already fixed this in JRuby and I have a 90% patch for MRI in
the bug (missing OpenSSL, which I can add). I just need approval to go
with the proposed fix, which matches JRuby's behavior.