What kind of problem do you imagine?  I cannot think of any.

Matz.

Feature #7978: boolean to_i

Author: alexeymuranov (Alexey Muranov)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: core
Target version: next minor

=begin
The current behavior is the following:

  > nil.to_i
   => 0
  > false.to_i
  NoMethodError: undefined method `to_i' for false:FalseClass

  > true.to_i
  NoMethodError: undefined method `to_i' for true:TrueClass

This does not look very consistent to me.  I think it could be useful to define (({false.to_i})) as 0 and (({true.to_i})) as 1.  I think those are fairly common numeric values for False and True.  These values as strings "0" and "1" are also commonly used in HTML forms to represent boolean values.
=end

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/