On 7/1/05, mathew <meta / pobox.com> wrote:
> I think your increasingly shrill screaming and misrepresentation of my
> position makes you look pretty immature. I think it's also clear who's
> the zealot here, as I'm explicitly arguing for individuals to be
> flexible and make utilitarian choices, while you're yelling that
> anything that doesn't meet your (purely aesthetic, not functional)
> criteria is "not an answer, ever".

You are sadly, but unsurprisingly, mistaken.

Cygwin isn't a functional or utilitarian choice. Cygwin is a lazy
answer to people who aren't interested in supporting other platforms.
Usually people who have only developed on Linux.

There is a fundamental disconnect between the usability of cygwin and
Windows. When you have to think in a different filesystem on the same
computer, there's no measure of utilitarianism there. It's all about
lazyness instead.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com