Issue #8027 has been updated by semaperepelitsa (Semyon Perepelitsa).

I think you are looking for Module.append_features:

module A
  def self.append_features(mod)
    raise "dont include me"
    super

module E
  begin
    include A
  rescue

p E.ancestors #=>[E]

If you don't call super it also won't be included.

Feature #8027: add the possibility to raise an exception in #included, #extended, #prepended, #inherited and break the calling feature