Issue #8039 has been reported by kimptoc (Chris Kimpton).

Bug #8039: DRB/dRuby server throws an exception when probed on its port
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/8039

Author: kimptoc (Chris Kimpton)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: 1.9.3-p392 and jruby 1.7.3

I am not sure if this is a bug or a feature ...

When I use nmap to probe the port that the DRB server is listening on, it throws an exception.

Should the server be more resilient to this and/or have an option to restart itself automatically?

Or is the last code sample I give the suggested usage.

See this stackoverflow issue for sample code and little more info - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15256619/druby-server-crashes-when-probed-on-the-port-its-listening-on?noredirect=1#comment21525295_15256619

Thanks,
Chris

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/