Austin Ziegler wrote:

>Cygwin is not an answer. Ever.
>
>Sorry, but that's a lazy answer. If there's not a native port to a
>chosen platform, then the platform is unsupported.

You mean there are people who run Windows *without* cygwin?  *shudder*

Look, nobody's saying you should need to use cygwin to run Ruby itself.
I really don't see the big deal between running your source code
checkin/checkout commands in a cygwin shell, vs running the same thing
in a Windows shell. It'll look and work exactly the same.

Well, except that with cygwin you'll get proper command line editing,
completion and history... But you don't *have* to use those if you don't
want.

mathew
[ I don't like Subversion either. Too many dependencies, funky data
formats. ]