Issue #7960 has been updated by Ryexander (Benjamin Powers).

I've been trying to resolve this on my own. is dmyext.c even required when linking exts statically? it semes to be just a prototype for extentions which gets redefined in extinit
Bug #7960: Ruby fails to build static under mswin linker error: multiple definitions of _Init_ext

Author: Ryexander (Benjamin Powers)
Assignee: nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada)
Category: build
Target version: current: 2.1.0
ruby -v: 1.9.3

after the depend errors were fixed I obtained r39490 and attempted to build it

after nearly completing it failed with

ruby200.dll : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

searching through the output found only one line with a "already defined"

ruby200-static.lib(dmyext.obj) : error LNK2005: _Init_ext already defined in ext
init.obj

attached is the full output of the configure.bat and nmake commands run with arguments

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/