Hello,

I would like to propose a feature to be added to Ruby. It was inspired from CoffeeScript. Before I get my hands dirty and dig in, I would like to hear it first if it's a good idea.

So, I want to be able to write this method:

    class person
      def initialize(name, age)
        @name = name
        @age = age

Into this:

    class person
      def initialize(@name, @age)

The benefit I'm seeing here is that we're not cluttering the initializer with all those obvious instance variable assignments. I also think it's a good syntactic sugar and it make sense after I saw all the usage from CoffeeScript.

If you guys thinking this is a good idea, I'll write up and submit a patch myself. Please let me know.

Thank you,

Prem S.