marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune) wrote:
> It's pretty clear Nobu's example is more concise and nicer than what `assuming` would provide. BTW, the `.curry(3)` part can simply be `.curry`.

As a philosophical question, would a name like #curry_with or #apply be more appropriate?  There is a small amount of utility added by such a method:  at first glance I didn't see the .curry on the end of the first line of Nobu's example, and it took a bit of effort on my part to parse the code (or its intent);  however the call to .assuming made it clear that something different was intended and happening at that point.

The square-bracket invocation falls somewhere in between, in terms of readability.  It may just be me, but sometimes I temporarily fail to grasp that foo.bar[baz] is actually two chained method calls.  In this case it was counfounded by the fact that I forgot that Proc#curry has an optional arity parameter.  I know that those are my issues, that it is up to me to overcome, but having such hints in the code can help.
Feature #7939: Alternative curry function creation