Category set to core
Target version set to next minor

Feature #7876: Add method for accessing Class from within Singleton Class

Author: wardrop (Tom Wardrop)
Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
Category: core
Target version: next minor

=begin
I'm quite surprised I haven't run into this sooner, but I seem to have just discovered that there's no means by which you can access the outer Class object once inside the context of the Singleton Class. Take the following example; how would I get a reference to (({Test})) from within the singleton?

  class Test
    class << self
      # How do I get a reference to Test from here?

I assume the answer is that there is no reliable way, hence the reason for this request. Could we add a method to the singleton class that allows access to the "outer" class, e.g.

  class Test
    class << self
      self.outerclass

Thoughts?