Issue #5199 has been updated by jonforums (Jon Forums).

nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada) wrote:
> Quick patch.
>
> 2.0 has GC safe functions, rb_sprintf() with PRIsVALUE, rb_intern_str(), and so on.

Does a list of these new 2.0 GC-safe functions exist anywhere?

If the 2.0 GC-safe functions aren't currently enumerated in a single, accessible place, should they be listed in a new section to README.EXT, and a short note added to mame-san's draft 2.0.0-p0 ANN? Perhaps under "Built-in libraries" as "New GC-safe API for more robust extensions."
Bug #5199: ext/tk: RB_GC_GUARD seems to be needed in several places