On Feb 18, 2013, at 19:58, Dave Thomas <dave / pragprog.com> wrote:

> Gentle core folk:
>=20
> I'm updating the PickAxe for Ruby 2, and I'd like your wisdom.
>=20
> I know that the current RC has file-level refinements in it.=20
>=20
> However, I also know that things are likely to change.
>=20
> So, my question is: should I document what is there now, or would it =
be better to wait? I'm a little nervous that if I document the current =
way it works, it might make it a little harder to change later without =
breaking backwards compatibility.
>=20
> What do you all think?

I created this document:

https://github.com/ruby/ruby/blob/trunk/doc/syntax/refinements.rdoc

=46rom the spec:

http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby-trunk/wiki/RefinementsSpec

I think a document in a PickAxe update with appropriate warnings would =
help us get feedback on refinements.=