Subject changed from Remove 'useless' 'concatenation' syntax to Remove 'useless' 'concatenation' syntax
Target version changed from 2.0.0 to next minor

drbrain, thanks!

But sorry, it is too late to change 2.0.0.  My bad.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>
Feature #6265: Remove &#x27;useless&#x27; &#x27;concatenation&#x27; syntax

Author: rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas)
Assignee: mame (Yusuke Endoh)
Category: core
Target version: next minor

What is wrong with this code:

some_method 'argument1', 'argument2' 'argument3'

Yes, the missing colon, but it is not always easy to notice that...

What is this ('concatenation' 'syntax') useful for?

Why writing ('some ' 'concatenation') instead of 'some concatenation'?

A missing colon between string arguments can lead to some bugs that may be hard to find, specially if the arguments are optional.

And I can't see any useful case where this allowed syntax for concatenation would help.

--
http://bugs.ruby-lang.org/