Issue #7876 has been reported by wardrop (Tom Wardrop).

Feature #7876: Add method for accessing Class from within Singleton Class
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/7876

Author: wardrop (Tom Wardrop)
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:

=begin
I'm quite surprised I haven't run into this sooner, but I seem to have just discovered that there's no means by which you can access the outer Class object once inside the context of the Singleton Class. Take the following example; how would I get a reference to (({Test})) from within the singleton?

  class Test
    class << self
      # How do I get a reference to Test from here?

I assume the answer is that there is no reliable way, hence the reason for this request. Could we add a method to the singleton class that allows access to the "outer" class, e.g.

  class Test
    class << self
      self.outerclass

Thoughts?