On Feb 12, 2013, at 12:51 AM, loirotte (Philippe Dosch) wrote:

> Improve the documentation makes sense, but is there really a good =
reason to floor this value instead of rounding it? I'm searching for =
examples where floor could be interesting, but I don't see any.

IMHO, using floor when reducing the precision of a time representation =
is the appropriate thing to do to avoid "time travel" into the future.  =
One real world reason for this has to do with timestamps of files.  =
Consider a file stored on a filesystem that supports lower than native =
timestamp precision.  If the filesystem were to round the time rather =
than truncate it then it would be possible for files to be timestamped =
with future times which can defeat/confuse tools that compare =
timestamps.

Dave